Saturday, October 11, 2014

No.....24


Just finished my next motif piece. It's called 'zamrud', from Jon Yusoff's book called 'Elegant Tatting Gems'. I used Lizbeth Twirlz thread size 20 #403. This thread is one of the newer threads from Handy Hands. This is the first time I have used it, and still don't know if I like it or not. IF you have to take it apart, it seems harder to find the stitch than when using your regular solid or variegated threads.
I'd like to know your opinion on this thread...thanks!


5 comments:

Robin Perfetti said...

Ooh, I do like the color of the snowflake. I got a sample of Twirlz thread in the mail, but it looks like it would be really difficult to distinguish the double stitches. I'm always double and triple checking my stitch counts, so I think I will stay away from this thread for the time being.

God's Kid said...

Your snowflake looks wonderful and the color looks great with it!! :)

Em said...

The thread looks really nice, and the snowflake is so pretty, too! :)

Grace Tyler said...

I love the way the Twirlz looks in pictures. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I hear others don't like working with it. Effect is very lovely though!

Red said...

This looks much nicer than mine! The sample I got was the red/white&blue color, and it was FAR too busy for lace(made my eyes cross). I found it was easier to open a previously closed ring to add stitches to though.