Saturday, March 14, 2009

Motif #18



Heart


I had decided to finish something that I started in between R. Peels pieces. Now at least I have one sideline project finished. (more to do yet!)

I made this using Manuela size 20 thread and I got the pattern from "LEARN TO TAT" by Janette Baker. I had ordered this book on a whim and was surprised to see some really helpful information in it. It came with a DVD which I now have found time to watch and found it to be a very good. I think I will now give it to my lace group for our library. I started tatting in 1988 and even though I still have more to learn, this book is a very good beginner book and I would like to share it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing that motif. I ordered this book recently, too! Even tho' I have tatted for almost 30 years I think that it is really cool that it come with a DVD and it's about $12 USD!!! Very cool if you ask me. I wanted to see if it is a good book to recommend to newbies. :)

Enjoy your new book and your projects! :)

Thelma said...

That book is a great book to learn with. The dvd makes its awesome to have the visual you need to learn . Your heart looks great,, mine had a few problems. lol I will get better with more practice.