Monday, March 28, 2011

Motif #5

Small Celtic Knot Flowers done from the book called 'Celtic Tatting Knots & Patterns By Rozella F Linden'.  I just love all of the things in this book.  I thought I would do something small again, so I would be ahead more and then tackle a larger project.  It is small, but definitely tricky...!


The one on the left I goofed on the twist in the vines and leaves, so I had to do it over.  I could have taken it apart, but I had already cut off the shuttles.  
I used a HDT for the first flower called 'Nectarine' from Yarnplayer and the second flower was Lizbeth #131 called Vineyard Harvest.  Both size 20.  The green is also Lizbeth #684, Leaf Green - Med.


Let me tell you it was a trick getting the flower together and the first flower had to be re-done.   I have now figured out a way to do it better and a little bit easier....!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

These are beautiful. Did I read correctly and that these are "shuttle" tatted? I've stayed away from Celtic because I thought it had to be needle-tatted!

God's Kid said...

Those are so neat!!! Great spring tatting! :)

Barbara Gordon said...

Yes Michelle, these are done with a shuttle. In the book it shows for both shuttle and needle tatting.

Fox said...

That little knot has given me HOURS of grief! Yours look great and you only had to re-do one! I am impressed!
Fox : )

Barbara Gordon said...

For the Flower head itself, I used a chain. I tat with a shuttle. I then pined my ring to the arm of my chair first and the wound the row of chains around it, carefully! I then pulled the strings first from ring of chains and then the ring for the chain. It sure made it a lot easier. I hope I explained this you can understand it Fox....

Barbara Gordon said...

PS...Fox, it wasn't the flower head that I had to redo, but the vine and leaves. If you'll look at them, you will see the first one didn't wind together correctly. I had no trouble with the flower head itself. You should try the way I did it....