Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Motif #6


Christmas Tree


The pattern for this motif came from Be-stitched called Tatted Christmas tree. I used Altin Basak size 50 in white/silver metallic. I had to take out a couple of mistakes and that is when I almost regretted having used the metallic thread, but all and all I am satisfied with it and I do like the thread anyway.
I have retaken the picture, but the metallic thread still doesn't really show up. The metallic thread caused me a bit of a problem because it just doesn't show up.






The pattern was fairly easy and it was the first time I did a lock join stitch and it was very easy.




I also used one of my new shuttles that I had made for me by Randy Houtz. I still have to get used to it a little bit, but I did like using it.



I did another of the same tree using the same thread, but this time the Gold Metallic. It's using the same pattern so I'm not counting it as another motif. I also used another one of my new shuttles also made by Randy Houtz.

2 comments:

Marilee Rockley said...

Hope life will ease up for you now, and stay mellow for a long time!
Will look forward to seeing the tatting in metallic thread.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a lovely little tree! Nancy offers some very pretty, very simple patterns that are a lot of fun to tat! I feel the same way about metallic thread. I think the oils in my hands muck it all up.